In reading lab we:
- practice and expand our reading skills with a variety of texts such as news articles, poems, fiction, and non-fiction essays
- learn vocabulary and practice pronunciation.
- explore the context of what we read by doing research and discussing what we already know about a topic.
- learn about authors and writing summaries of what we read as well as connecting material to our own opinions helps with comprehension.
- practice reading (usually out loud) many different genres of writing and asking questions about the material.
It’s a lot of fun and always interesting!