- Be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Speak, read and write English fluently
- Be able to commit 6 months to Project Read
- Be able to meet with your student 3 hours each week
Tutors work one-on-one with students to improve reading and writing skills in order to succeed in other personal goals.
Volunteers help change the lives of 100+ adults each year through improving their reading and writing skills.
- Complete lab and tutor training and attend skill-enhancement workshops, periodically
- Encourage your student to keep commitments to tutoring sessions, lab attendance and any other Project Read staff requests
- Prepare lessons for your student based on student’s personal and skill goals
- Meet with student for 3 hours of instruction each week
- Report on tutoring sessions and student goals and achievements
- Pay $20 refundable materials fee
- The opportunity to help change lives and make lasting friendships
- Satisfaction of making a difference in your community
- Volunteering looks great on resumes!
- Community connections and networking opportunities
It takes special people to change lives. Check to see if you qualify to access volunteer opportunities.
Check resources, download reports, search our catalog and view tips from literacy specialist.
Visit our calendar page to find out about upcoming training, workshops, and special events.